- "Demographic Engineering and International Conflict: Evidence from China and the USSR" (with Lachlan A. McNamee). 2018. Forthcoming at International Organization.
- Awarded the best paper by a graduate student at the Pacific International Politics Conference, 2018.
- "'Sons of the Soil': A Model of Assimilation and Population Control" (with Avidit Acharya and David D. Laitin). 2018. Journal of Theoretical Politics, 30(2), 184-223.
- "Inequality and Political Power in Ethnic Politics: Evidence from China."
- "Embittered Winners: Rights Deprivation and Ideological Distortion" (with Jidong Chen).
Works in Progress
- "A Model of State Response to Civil Conflict."
- "Geopolitical Threat and Credible Commitment."
- "Legacy of Migration."